Timeline Maker Pro uses a service called Protexis that needs to be running whenever you run Timeline Maker. If Protexis is currently not running, you can remedy this situation by following these instructions:
** Windows 7/8 Users
NOTE: You should have administrative privileges.
- Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.
- Find Protexis Licensing in the list.* Open that.
- The service must be set to Started and Automatic. Apply any changes and close.
- Start Timeline Maker.
* If Protexis Licensing is not in the list, please restart your computer and reinstall Timeline Maker. Then carry on from Step 4.
** Windows 10 users
- Go to All Apps.
- Scroll to "W" and find Windows Administrative Tools.
- Click on Services.
- Find Protexis Licensing in the list and click on it.
- The Startup Type should be Automatic.
- The Service Status should be Running.
- Click OK.
Start Timeline Maker Pro and you should be able to proceed without your original error.
IMPORTANT: Your Antivirus software may prevent the Protexis service from getting installed. Try disabling the antivirus, reinstall Timeline Maker, and repeat steps 1-4 again. Contact Support if there are still problems.